The aim of this seminar is to help you increase your skills in using logistic regression analysis with Stata, focusing on topics that go beyond binary logistic regression, including ordinal logistic regression and multinomial logistic regression. The seminar does not teach logistic regression, per se, but focuses on how to perform logistic regression analyses using Stata. It is assumed that you are familiar with Logistic Regression (e.g. have had a class in logistic regression or have read about logistic regression, see our Statistics Books for Loan for books you can borrow on logistic regression). It is also assumed that you have attended (or have equivalent knowledge) from our Logistic Regression with Stata seminar. This seminar uses examples from Regression Models for Categorical Dependent Variables using Stata.
- Ordinal Logistic Regression
- Here is the web page on ordinal logistic regression
- Multinomial Logistic Regression
- Here is the web page on multinomial logistic regression
- Programs used on the seminar
- The seminar uses the following programs, spostado, omodel, and gologit. You can get the programs, from within Stata while you are on-line by typing, for example, search spostado (see How can I use the search command to search for programs and get additional help? for more information about using search).