- This event has passed.
Decomposing Interactions in R
April 25 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Description: In regression, we are often interested in an interaction, which is the modification of the effect of an independent variable by another. Interactions can be decomposed in three ways, by 1) testing each effect against zero, 2) testing differences among effects, and 3) graphing. This workshop will demonstrate how to do all three analyses in R for the following interaction models: continuous-by-continuous, categorical-by-continuous, and categorical-by-categorical. Some hands-on exercises will be presented. Some knowledge of linear regression is recommended.
- The workshop will be held in Math Sciences 5628 (the IDRE Visualization Portal)
- The notes for the workshop are here.
- The sign-up link is here.
- This workshop will be hands-on, so participants should bring their own laptop with R installed.
- There will be no online component to this workshop. Please do not sign up for this workshop if you are unable to attend in person.