Are there labs on campus where I can run Stata?
Here are some of the labs on campus that have Stata. These labs may be busy with classes and/or may be restricted to students from certain departments.
- Locations Available to All Students
– The CLICC lab has Stata available both on the PC and the Mac.
- Locations Available to Some Students
– Social Science Computing Labs (only for those in the Social Sciences) has Stata available on the PC
– Social Science Unix Machines (only for those in the Social Sciences) has Stata running on Nicco and Aristotle.
– Statistics Instructional Computing Lab and Learning Resource Center (only for those in Statistics courses) has Stata available on the Mac.
- Other Lists of Locations
– The CLICC maintains a list of labs on campus for more labs on campus that may have Stata.
Does StataCorp offer different pricing for student computer labs?
Yes, contact StataCorp at email@example.com or by phone at 800-STATAPC (800-782-8272) for more information.
How do I order my own copy of Stata?
Do people at UCLA get academic pricing?
Yes, Stata is available for purchase at reduced rates (GradPlan pricing) to UCLA students and employees. Orders should be placed directly with StataCorp. Please see the Stata Campus GradPlan page at the StataCorp web site. Your order will be shipped directly to you.
What are the main differences among Stata/IC, Small Stata, Stata/SE and Stata/MP?
- See http://www.stata.com/order/educational-license-options for types of purchases and http://www.stata.com/products/which-stata-is-right-for-me comparing the flavors of Stata so you can choose the right license type and version for you.