1. Using the elemapi2 data file ( use http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/webbooks/reg/elemapi2 ) convert the variable ell into 2 categories using the following coding, 0-25 on ell becomes 0, and 26-100 on ell becomes 1. Use this recoded version of ell to predict api00 and interpret the results.
2. Convert the variable ell into 3 categories coding those scoring 0-14 on ell as 1, and those 15/41 as 2 and 42/100 as 3. Do an analysis predicting api00 from the ell variable converted to a 1/2/3 variable. Interpret the results.
3. Do a regression analysis predicting api00 from yr_rnd and the ell variable converted to a 0/1 variable. Then create an interaction term and run the analysis again. Interpret the results of these analyses.
4. Do a regression analysis predicting api00 from ell coded as 0/1 (from question 1) and some_col, and the interaction of these two variables. Interpret the results, including showing a graph of the results.
5. Use the variable ell converted into 3 categories (from question 2) and predict api00 from ell in 3 categories, from some_col and the interaction. of these two variables. Interpret the results, including showing a graph.